Understanding the Healthcare Industry “Inside and Out”! The face of today’s Healthcare industry is rapidly changing. With new technological advances, statutes and legalities that are constantly evolving, facilities must constantly be on their toes to keep pace. That’s why the expertise of a firm such as HMM is so essential. HMM is well known for their accounting practice, reimbursement expertise and business consultancy in the Healthcare arena. As testament to the firm’s magnitude – HMM represents over 12,000 (long term care facility) beds in New York State. HMM is intimately familiar with the intricacies and fine nuances of healthcare and state law, and keeps abreast of the latest modifications and trends. Principled, Dedicated, Honest & Reliable
Our All-Star Team of Certified Public Accountants synthesizes the best financial minds and operational experts, providing our clients the in-depth knowledge necessary for enhanced profitability and improved operations. 30 Years of Dedicated Service to the Healthcare Industry
Key to HMM’s success has been its long-standing pledge to provide personal service, with each job either personally handled or directly overseen by the firm’s principals. In addition, all staff accountants, directors and managers have been well educated and trained in the auditing and reimbursement of healthcare facilities.Assisting clients in:
- Managing operations during the rapidly changing climate in the health care industry.
- Meeting the audit and accounting needs of all healthcare providers, ranging from long-term residential health services, adult day care to home health care, and ALP (Assisted Living Programs) to CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Communities).
- Navigating the current regulatory environment
- Serving as proactive fiscal advisors to management
- Strategic planning
- Addressing policies and procedures for confidentiality based on HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and corporate compliance standards
- Developing marketing strategies
- Developing meaningful operational and fiscal recommendations
- Grant application submissions
Looking Towards the Future, Assuring Better Decision-Making
By studying day-to-day operations, HMM introduces a practiced model for projecting revenue, predicting cost, and optimizing results. At HMM, the past is examined to plan for the future.
HMM is an American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), peer-reviewed, CPA firm whose clients include for-profit, not-for-profit, and governmental facilities.
HMM is a member of the reimbursement advisory group for the New York State Department of Health, Office of Health Systems Management; a member of the technical advisory committee for the Nursing Home Accounting and Reporting Manual; and has developed manuals to systematically accumulate data for third-party reports, as a basis to optimize results for its clients.